Monday, August 08, 2005

Hold Fast the Summer

two short weeks until anthony leaves :(

Sharing this with you, from my loving aunt, friend and mentor....

Hold fast the summer. It is the
beauty of the day and all it
contains.
The laughter and work and
finally the sleep. The quiet.
Oh September, do not put
your weight upon my mind.
For I know he will be gone.
This son of mine who is now
a man- he must go.
Time will lace my thoughts
with joyous years.
The walls will echo his
"Hello". His caring will be
around each corner.
His tears will be tucked into
our memory book.
Life calls him beyond our
reach- to different walls.
New faces, shiny halls, shy
smiles, many places.
Greater learning- he must
go.
But wait.
Before he leaves, be
sure he knows, you love him.
Hide the lump in your throat
as you hug him.
He will soon be home again
- but he will be different.
The little boy will have
disappeared.
How I wished I could take
September and shake it, for it
came too soon.
I must look to the beauty of
each new day, and silently give
thanks.


XXOO

PS Amy- we love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kiddding me...